When you use Fastmovers, you trust us with your personal data. Your data is our number one concern, and we are committed to that trust. This policy describes the personal data we collect, how it’s used and shared, and your choices regarding this data.
Last modified: February 4th, 2020
A. Scope and application
This notice applies to all users of Fastmovers apps, websites, features, or other services. This notice specifically applies to Fastmovers:
- Shippers: any user of the services that is identified as the shipper, consignor, or consignee, or that owns the goods being transported
- Transporters: individuals or entities that offer motor vehicles used to transport goods
- Drivers: individuals licensed to operate motor vehicles to transport goods for or on behalf of transporters
All those subject to this notice are referred to as “users” in this notice.
The practices described in this notice are subject to applicable laws in the places in which we operate. This means that we engage in the practices described in this notice in a particular country or region only if permitted under the laws of those places. Please contact us or through the addresses below with any questions regarding our practices in a particular country or region.
B. Data controller and transfer
Ali & Issa Technology LLC are the data controllers for the personal data collected in connection with the use of Fastmovers services in the Sultanate of Oman.
Questions, comments, and complaints about Fastmovers data practices can be submitted here.
III. Data collections and uses
A. The data we collect
- Data provided by users to Fastmovers, such as during account creation
- Data created during use of our services, such as location, app usage, device data, and uploaded content by user
The following data is collected by or on behalf of Fastmovers:
- Data provided by users. This includes:
- User profile: We collect data when users create, modify, or log in to their account; when they request support from or otherwise communicate with us; and if they interact with the services as a driver or transporter, submit information about their vehicle or insurance, or otherwise communicate with us. This may include their name, email address, phone number, postal address, vehicle registration information, insurance information, payment information, and other information they choose to provide. This may also include login name and password, profile picture, and government identification documents, including driver’s license numbers and birthdate, and photo.
- Demographic data: We may collect demographic data about users, including through user surveys. We may also receive demographic data about users from third parties.
- Data submitted through communications with Fastmovers: We collect the information users submit when they contact Fastmovers customer support, provide facility ratings, or otherwise contact Fastmovers. This may include feedback, photographs, or other recordings collected by users.
- Data created during use of our services. This includes:
- Location data: Our services require that we collect precise or approximate location data from drivers’ mobile devices. We only collect such data where users have granted us permission to do so through the permission system used by their mobile device.
Fastmovers collects this data when the Fastmovers Driver app is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on-screen) of their mobile device.
- Transaction information: We collect transaction information related to the use of our services, including the type of services requested or provided, date and time the service was provided, distance traveled, payment amounts, and other related transaction details.
- Photos: We collect photos of bills of lading, gate access, proof of delivery, and other matters directly related to the services where users have uploaded such photos to the Fastmovers apps or website.
- Usage data: We collect data about how users interact with our services (including analytics that we or third parties conduct for the purpose of improving our services). This includes data such as access dates and times, app features and/or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and third-party sites or services used before interacting with our services. In some cases, we collect this data through cookies, pixels, tags, and similar tracking technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers.
- Data from other sources. For example:
- We may receive information about drivers from other users such as transporters or shippers, or from other third parties. This includes information about their location, or feedback they receive from other Fastmovers users.
- We might receive information about a driver or transporter from the regulatory bodies involved in the regulation of transporter.
Fastmovers may combine the data collected from these sources with other data in its possession.
B. How we use personal data
Fastmovers collects and uses data to arrange for reliable and convenient transportation of shipments, delivery, and other products and services. We also use the data we collect:
- To enhance the safety and security of our users and services
- For customer support
- For research and development
- To send marketing and non-marketing communications to users
- In connection with legal proceedings
Fastmovers does not sell or share user personal data with third parties for their direct marketing, except with users’ consent.
Fastmovers uses the data it collects for purposes including:
- Providing services and features.
Fastmovers uses the data we collect to provide, personalize, maintain, and improve our products and services. This includes using the data to:
- Create and update users’ accounts
- Track the status and location of shipments transported through the services, and determine other data relating to use of the services, such as how long a transporter and driver has been at a pickup location to determine performance of the service
- Personalize and improve the services, including to develop new features and to provide or recommend shipments, features, content, and advertisements
- Offer, process, or facilitate payments for the service
- Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends
- Safety and security.
We use personal data to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our services and users.
- Using device, location, profile, usage, and other data to prevent, detect, and combat fraud or unsafe activities
- Authenticating users
- Developing safety features
- Customer support.
Fastmovers uses the information we collect (including recordings of customer support calls with notice to and the consent of the user) to provide customer support, including to:
- Direct questions to the appropriate customer support person
- Investigate and address user concerns
- Monitor and improve our customer support responses and processes
- Research and development.
We may use the data we collect for testing, research, analysis, product development, and machine learning to improve the user experience. This helps us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, improve our ability to prevent the use of our services for illegal or improper purposes, develop new features and products, and facilitate finance solutions in connection with our services.
Fastmovers may use the data we collect to market our services to our users. This includes sending users communications about Fastmovers services, features, promotions, sweepstakes, studies, surveys, news, updates, and events. For further details about third-party marketing, see below. We may use the data we collect to personalize the marketing communications (including advertisements) that we send, including based on user location, past use of Fastmover services, and user preferences and settings.
- Non-marketing communications.
Fastmovers may use the data we collect to generate and provide users with receipts; inform them of changes to our terms, services, or policies; or send other communications that aren’t for the purpose of marketing the services or products of Fastmovers or its partners.
- Legal proceedings and requirements.
We may use the personal data we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to use of Fastmovers services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law, or as requested by regulators, government entities, and official inquiries.
C. Cookies and third-party technologies
- Authenticating users
- Remembering user preferences and settings
- Determining the popularity of content
- Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
- Analyzing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviors and interests of people who interact with our services
D. Data sharing and disclosure
Some of Fastmovers products, services, and features require that we share data with other users or at a user’s request. We may also share data with our affiliates, subsidiaries, and partners, for legal reasons or in connection with claims or disputes.
Fastmovers may share the data we collect:
- With other users or third parties
This includes sharing data:
With other users or with third parties who require, request, or use such data in connection with transportation, logistics, delivery, and/or other related services arranged or performed by Fastmovers, such as rewards partners for fuel discounts and similar discount programs. We may also share drivers’ names, vehicle license numbers, vehicle truck numbers, and approximate location with other users or third parties such as operators of a receiving facility. We may also share their vehicle truck number and vehicle license number with third parties, such as a pickup facility. We may also share transporter’ names with other users.
- At users’ request
This includes sharing data:
- With other users in connection with services or features that require data sharing.
- With third parties in connection with Fastmovers partnerships or promotions with those third parties. For example, if a user requests a service through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party, Fastmovers may share certain data with those third parties. This may include, for example, other services, platforms, apps, or websites that integrate with our APIs; those with an API or service with which we integrate; or other Fastmovers business partners and their users in connection with promotions, contests, or specialized services. The handling of such data by those third parties is subject to their privacy notices, and users should refer to those notices for more information on the handling of their data.
- With the general public
Questions or comments from users submitted through public forums, such as blogs and social media pages, may be viewable by the public, including any personal data included in the questions or comments submitted by a user, or other features of the services that are viewable by the general public.
- With Fastmovers affiliates and third parties
We share data with Fastmovers affiliates to help us provide our services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and/or logistics purposes. We also share data with third parties with whom users choose to let us share data, for example other apps or websites that integrate with our API or services, or those with an API or service with which we integrate.
- With Fastmovers service providers and business partners
Fastmovers provides data to vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and other service providers or business partners. These include:
- Payment processors and facilitators
- Cloud storage providers
- Marketing partners and marketing platform providers, including social media advertising services
- Data analytics providers
- Research partners, including those performing surveys or research projects in partnership with Fastmovers or on Fastmovers behalf
- Vendors that assist Fastmovers to enhance the safety and security of its apps
- Consultants, lawyers, accountants, and other professional service providers
- For legal reasons in the event of a dispute
Fastmovers may share users’ personal data if we believe it’s required by applicable law, regulation, operating license or agreement, legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns.
This includes sharing personal data with law enforcement officials, public health officials, other government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms and Conditions, user agreements, or other policies; to protect Fastmovers rights or property or the rights, safety, or property of others; or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to the use of our services. In addition, where a user uses another person’s credit card, we may be required by law to share that user’s personal data with the owner of that credit card.
This also includes sharing personal data with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
- Through social media sharing
The services may integrate with social media sharing features and other related tools, such as WhatsApp, which let users share actions they take on the services with other apps, sites, or media, and vice versa. Their use of such features enables the sharing of data with others, depending on the settings they establish with the social media sharing service. Please refer to the privacy notices of those social media sharing services for more information about how they handle the data provided to or shared through them.
- With consent
Fastmovers may share a user’s personal data other than as described in this notice, if we notify the user and they consent to the sharing.
E. Data retention and deletion
Fastmovers retains user profile, transaction, and other personal data for as long as a user maintains their Fastmovers account.
Fastmovers retains transaction, location, usage, and other information for as long as necessary, such as in connection with regulatory, tax, insurance, or other requirements in the places where it operates.
Users may request deletion of their accounts at any time. Following such request, Fastmovers deletes the data it is not required, or has no legitimate business purpose, to retain and restricts access to or use of remaining information it does retain.
Fastmovers retains user profile and transaction information for as long as a user maintains their Fastmovers account. For transporters and/or drivers, Fastmovers also retains information relating to their vehicle and licenses (to the extent permitted by law) for as long as they maintain their Fastmovers account.
Fastmovers retains location, device, and usage data for as long as necessary to provide services and comply with applicable regulatory, tax, insurance, litigation, and other legal requirements. Fastmovers may also use such information for purposes of safety, security, fraud prevention and detection, and research and development for as long as it retains such information.
Users may request the deletion of their account by emailing - support[@]Fastmovers.om
Fastmovers may also retain certain information if necessary, for purposes of safety, security, and fraud prevention. For example, if we deactivate a user’s account because of unsafe behavior or security incidents, we may retain certain information about that account to prevent that user from opening a new Fastmovers account in the future.
F. Grounds for processing
We only collect and use personal data where we have lawful grounds to do so. These include processing user personal data to provide requested services and features, for purposes of Fastmovers legitimate interests or those of other parties, to fulfill our legal obligations, or based on consent.
We collect and use personal data only where we have one or more lawful grounds for doing so. Such grounds may vary depending on where our users are located, but generally include processing personal data:
- To provide requested services and features
In order to provide our services, we must collect and use certain personal data. This includes:
- User profile data, which we use to establish and maintain user accounts; verify user identity; communicate with users about their booked loads, trips, and accounts; and enable users to make payments or receive earnings
- Location data, which is used to track loads and assist with navigation
- Usage data, which is necessary to maintain, optimize, and enhance Fastmovers services, including to determine incentives, connect loads and drivers, and calculate payments
- Transaction information
- Information relating to customer support
- For purposes of the legitimate interests of Fastmovers or other parties
This includes using personal data to maintain and enhance our users’ safety and security. For example, we use personal data to prevent use of our services by users who have engaged in inappropriate or dangerous behavior, such as by retaining data of banned users to prevent their use of Fastmovers apps.
This also includes purposes such as combating fraud; improving our services, direct marketing, machine learning, and research and development; and enforcing Fastmovers Terms and Conditions.
In addition, it includes using personal data to the extent necessary for the interests of other people or the general public, such as in connection with legal or insurance claims, and to protect the rights and safety of others.
- To fulfill Fastmovers legal obligations Fastmovers is subject to the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions in which it operates that may require it to collect, process, retain, and disclose users’ personal data. We collect and use personal data to comply with such laws.
Fastmovers may also share data with law enforcement regarding criminal acts or threats to public safety, or requests by third parties pursuant to legal processes.
- With consent Fastmovers may collect and use personal data based on the user’s consent. For example, we may collect personal data through voluntary surveys.
Users may revoke such consent at any time. However, they will not be able to use any service or feature that requires collection or use of that personal data.
IV. Choice and transparency
Fastmovers enables users to access and control the data that it collects, including through:
- In-app settings
- Device permissions
- Marketing opt-outs
Fastmovers also enables users to request access to or copies of their data, changes or updates to their accounts, deletion of their accounts, or that Fastmovers restrict its processing of user personal data.
- Device permissions
Most mobile device platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without the device owner’s permission, and these platforms have different methods for how that permission can be obtained. iOS devices notify users the first time the Fastmovers app requests permission to access certain types of data and gives users the option to grant or refuse permission. Android devices notify users of the permissions that the Fastmovers app seeks before their first use of the app and use of the app constitutes a grant of such permission.
- Location data
We request permission for our app's collection of precise location from a user’s device (whether their own device or otherwise) per the permission system used by their mobile operating system. If they initially permit the collection of this data, they can later disable it by changing the location settings on their mobile device. However, they may not be able to use the Fastmovers app if they disable our collection of precise location data.
- Important information about device permissions
The permissions requested by the Fastmovers app include permission to collect users’ location data for the purposes described above. This permission enables Fastmovers to collect this data when the Fastmovers app is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on-screen) of their mobile device.
Transporters and drivers cannot use the Fastmovers app if they do not permit location data collection.
Please take the following steps to disable the Fastmovers app's ability to collect precise location data:
On iOS > Settings → Privacy → Location Services → Fastmovers → choose Never
On Android > Settings → Apps → Fastmovers → scroll to Permission → toggle Location
On Android Lollipop (5.1) and earlier > Settings → Location → toggle Off
- Notifications: account and updates Fastmovers provides users with notifications and updates related to activity on their account and booked loads. These notifications are a necessary part of using the Fastmovers app and cannot be disabled.
- Notifications: potential loads and news Users may enable Fastmovers to send push notifications about potential loads and news from Fastmovers. Push notifications may be enabled or disabled through Settings on iOS or Android.
- User data requests
Fastmovers provides users with a variety of ways to learn about, control, and submit requests, questions, and comments about Fastmovers handling of their data. Users may submit these by email to support[@]Fastmovers.om
- Accessing data: Users can ask for an explanation of the data we collect from them and how we use it.
- Receiving data: Users can ask for a copy of data that Fastmovers has collected from them with their consent or as necessary to provide our services.
- Changing or updating data: Users can ask that Fastmovers change or update their data, including if they believe such data is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Deleting data: Users may request deletion of their account at any time by emailing -support[@]Fastmovers.om
- Objections, restrictions, and complaints: Users may request that we stop using all or some of their personal data, or that we limit our use of their data. Fastmovers may continue to process data after such objection or request to the extent required or permitted by law.
V. Updates to this notice
We may occasionally update this notice. Use of our services after an update constitutes consent to the updated notice to the extent permitted by law.
We may occasionally update this notice. If we make significant changes, we will notify users in advance of the changes through the Fastmovers apps or through other means, such as email. We encourage users to periodically review this notice for the latest information on our privacy practices.